Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November is National Adoption Month

I counted my kids the other day. Sounds weird to have to count them to know how many you have but..I have given birth to four, I have 1 step daughter from my first marriage, 1 stepdaughter and 1 stepson from my second marriage, 1 "step"daughter and 1 "step" son from my 11+ relationship with Camryn's biological father, 2 "stepsons" from my relationship with Aaron the love of my life. I don't need a piece of paper to love my "step" children. I have legally adopted 3 children. And there is another young girl I have adopted without any paperwork that Aaron and I call our "other daughter". I have 1 son-n-law that has been one of my kids since he was in high school. That's around sixteen by my count. I love my kids ALL my kids no matter the paper work or not! No we are not the Duggar's by any means but who am I to criticize them for their lifesyle. I was raised as an only child with 2 grown brothers and 1 grown sister when my parents oopsed and had me. I always said I would have 7 children and the youngest would be a son. Well, God has blessed me with more than I dreamed of having. The other day Aaron talked about another. I told him to be careful what he wished for because things like that seem to have a way of happening to me. November is national adoption month you know. Families are created all different ways. And I want to leave you with my quote for the day "Friends are Family you choose for yourself"

No comments:

Post a Comment