Monday, September 13, 2010

5 senses lapbook

Today Tippy-Toe and I are working on his 5 senses lapbook. The cover is like I be Jamin's with a match up game of see, hear, smell, taste, touch to eyes, nose, hands, mouth, and ear pictures. Inside is a four square graph of sweet,sour, salty,and bitter with magazine pictures to signify each. After our tasting game we will put pictures of each in the correct square. On the other half is two large triangles  one saying loud and the other quiet. On the back cover it is divided in two parts  for soft and rough with sandpaper hands overlaying --I traced and cut to represent  touch. I also made a mystery bag for him to use during studying touch. I cut out many pictures and Tippy-Toe then pasted into a 5 senses mini book.( I would have let him cut for practice but I prepared them since we didn't have alot of time I wanted to keep him on task) We read the  "5 Senses" picture book by Aliki. I just happened to find it this summer at a garage sale.

"..the chief function of a child--his business in the world during the first six or seven years of his life--is to find out all he can, about whatever comes under his notice, by means of his five senses..." Charlotte Mason (volume1, Home Education, Pg.96)

No comments:

Post a Comment