Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

Today I honor my favorite veteran--the one who raised me to respect the flag --and those who died serving to protect our freedom. My Dad served in WWII in the Philippines, Borneo and south pacific islands. While in the Phillipines he and my Uncle were attacking the same hill from different sides. my Dad served in the Army my Uncle Russell in the marines when their units met at the top of the hill after the battle my Dad met up with his brother in law's unit but my uncle was not with them he had led the way looking for snipers. My dad was the one to find the body and identify my uncle. I honor my Dad who came back to have me and my uncle who died to protect our freedom. My Dad is gone now but I honor his memory especially as tommoro November 13th would be his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment