Saturday, October 23, 2010

What's on our school shelves this week?

I like the style of posts about "what's on our shelves?" So, here is "What's on our school shelves this week?" I am setting up for the week late this time. Aaron and I spent the day up in T. C. for his birthday. I usually set up on Friday night or Saturday Morning because this is when I get organized and am home from work and so I am able to get the most done.
The kids alll love the apple sort-small, medium, and large--so that will stay a little longer. I found the basket for $0.50 at a garage sale this summer. The apples are from Walmart in the flower arrangement aisle.

I am also leaving the sand tray for tracing letters but have put a couple of shells and polished stones in with it.  In the style of a zen meditation garden for this week (for Pitty-pat).


Pumpkin pompom sort. The pumpkins were gifts filled with candy last week.

Clothes pin color match. The clothes pins are from Dollar tree. We already owned them. I saw this online here in a larger form and thought it would be good scaled down to teach little man his primary colors.

Little-man also has his orange and yellow leaf sort cups. The cups are from his stacking cup set.

We bought this book in T.C. this weekend. I am starting a rock collection for the kids and we also found an educational placemat to go along with this on our trip this weekend at the educational toy store.(everyone)

Rythym instruments (Little-man)

Tonight I made a big batch of no cook pumpkin play dough so I am setting up a basket with this(everyone).They played for an hour this morning with the play dough.

I found a mortar for grinding some popcorn.(Pitty-pat and Tippy-toe)

I made a basket of opening things for little-man.

The measuring square dowels and ruler are also new.(Tippy-toe is really into measuring)
.
And an opposites learning game I found at the dollar store.(Pitty-pat)

We are reading our FIAR book and reading aloud Little house in the Big Woods.

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” -- Henry David Thoreau


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so interesting. Great Ideas. Love the instruments. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete