Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Prayer

I must confess the whole halloween thing is an issue for me. While I love carving pumpkins, and drying the seeds to eat. The trick or treating is not as fun. My kids love to dress up and meet the neighbors but I don't want to leave God out of our lives.

I found this little prayer I want to share with you today.

Dear God,

As I carve my pumpkin, help me say this prayer:
Open my mind so I can learn about You; (Cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do; (Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your Love I will see; (Cut eyes shaped like hearts)
I'm sorry for turning up my nose to all You've given me; (Cut a nose in the shape of the cross)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear; (Cut ears shaped like the Bible)
Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near; (Cut mouth in the shape of a fish)
Let Your Light shine in all I say and do! Amen. (Place a candle and light)

It is from Homeschool Nature Study

No comments:

Post a Comment