Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Madeline Fiar study

We have started our Study of Madeline by Ludwig Bemelans
I chose this book this week because Flat Stanley sent us a post card from Paris. (Thank You Dick and Sue D. from work for helping  Flat Stanley to send us card while you were on vacation in Paris.) the post card arrived yesterday to much excitement. It has a picture of the Eiffel Tower on it. I am doing my own modified version of the  Flat Stanley Project.where anyone I know goes on vacation and I as them to send us a postcard from Stanley. The kids love getting mail and looking up on the map where Flat Stanley is now! So far our Stanley has sent us cards from as far west as South Dakota and as far south as Arizonia, and from other countries like France.  Rumor has it he is in St. Lucia right now and we should be getting a card soon in the mail. what a fun way to study geography.

Our  Bible verse this week:
 Philippians 4:8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.:


 I have a couple of coloring pages of monuments to color. And a couple of Madeline book pages to color.We discussed a little bit regarding Bemelmans' use of color in the illustrations like  how there were a few pictures in full color, but most were done simply in black, white, and yellow.

We already know Je t'aime is I Love you in french so we will study a couple more french words this week

I plan to continue our study of the human body with a discussion of appendicitis. Easy peasy when your mom is an Operating Room Nurse.

I also plan to rent the 1998 movie version for the end of week movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment