Thursday, October 14, 2010

Montessori Trays

Today I set up an apple sort game with small, medium, and large plastic apples to sort. Pitty-pat flew through it. So I put her to work helping Tippy-toe with the sand tray alphabet station I made for him. he was really frustrated he can't make his letters very well and needs practice. I thought this might be a great way to encourage him to practice. One of my co-worker's wives is a Montessori teacher and she suggested a few things I need to work on with him. I found the perfect tray last Saturday for $0.25 at a garage sale. The very white sand was $3.00 from Walmart in the vase and flower area. I saw a post this week about using salt but I know he will touch his eyes and salt will burn. The post this week was to tell me I really need to get on it and set up this activity. I will post pictures as soon as I can load them on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment