Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weather Station

I saw this great idea for making a weather station. We are making the weather vane I found at Franklin's forecast . We cut our tail and head out of  a square icecream pail lid that was going to be thrown out (repurposed) I bought the square dowel 12 inches long at michael's. It came in a pack of 8 and I plan on using the rest of them for a math activity as they are in graduating thicknessess. The nail and the metal washer was found in my junk drawer. Now I just need my post and broom handle. I plan on putting a full weather station in my rock garden. I will make a rain guage next. I will paint a snow gauge on the post. Here in Michigan we measure the snow more than the rain. I think we will be able to see it from the kitchen window.

The Rain
The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
and on the ships at sea.
--Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment