Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Great Call

The Great Commandment


And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7


Getting to church has been so hard since mom died. For so many reasons and here it is Sunday and we didn't "GO" to church again. I have been worrying about this alot lately and feel I must try harder to get there. I am setting a bad example for the kids. Although my older children don't attend church now that they are grown and we NEVER missed church when they were little. I miss the fellowship I get from church but the big question is WHERE to go. Growing up I have been close to all four churches near my home and attended all when the doors were open.Forest Hill was our primary outside of town where I taught Sunday School for 12 years. East Superior is close and in town and I went to camp with the former and current minister but always went skating with them on skate night and it is the closest to our new house. Coe was my mothers church when she was little and has a youth program and lots of my family attent there. But the tiny little Salt River is the church of my heart and I have PLEDGED to" keep the doors open no matter what  as long as one of the McNeill's breath air on this planet". This I will do for my Lord and my Dad. But they do not have a sunday night program or other kids. How can I teach my kids the importance of keeping Salt River open if we don't go there? I would just like to start taking the kids to Forest Hill's youth group on sunday nights. I think that is a reasonable thing to do especially since Aaron will be out hunting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment