Monday, April 25, 2011

What's on our shelves this week?

The Theme(Yes, I actually have a theme for this week) is April Showers Bring May Flowers! (aka weather)

I found 100 most common sight words printed on clouds at Sparkle Box so Pitty-pat will be reviewing and Tippy-toe will be learning these words. Cutting out 100 clouds really hurt my hands so I put Cam to work cutting some out for me. They are English so I found mum instead of mom but otherwise I like how they are properly capitalized so Pitty-pat will also review capitalization of nouns for grammer.
Weather week chart from Homeschool Creations to record our weather.Including the thermometer found here. We have a weather station we build last year and I hope to move it outside the back porch so we can see it from our playroom window.
We are studying the water cycle in science. I found these cards to print out.
Weather dominoes
Weather word cards.
Weather graph for math I printed out from Confessions of a Homeschooler.(see link below)
Play dough will be white for clouds with glitter.
The Art box has been changed out and now has the flower shaped cookie cutters and new colored paper. As always pencils for tracing, glue sticks, scraps form mom's projects--all to free to use under supervision.
We will be watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs again-My kids all love this movie! I made meatballs last week and froze them for this weeks dinner on movie night Friday. Hurray!
Calender Board-I made a calendar board to use with this unit since I work I don't do a calender board with the kids so sometimes we loose track of what day it is. (Especially since my day off rotates each week and I work some weekends.) Quote for the week: "Try to be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." Dr. Maya Angelou

For Little-man
The letter of the week is W.
I printed cloud clip cards
Cloud shaped lace up card from a recycled cereal box.
Shape sort twister and lightening clouds.
W dot page to color from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
Sensory Bin-yellow yarn strips for spaghetti and black and brown pom-poms for meatballs, red blobs of felt for sauce,spaghetti tong,toy  plates, and baby forks. I think they will all enjoy serving up some fun play.


*I will be updating this post as I get photos and more ideas as the week progresses. This is just my rough draft of our lesson plan*


No comments:

Post a Comment