Saturday, April 23, 2011

Frugal meals


Mini Meatloaf Mounds
  • 2 pounds hamburger
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • salt, pepper, garlic salt (to taste)
  • 1 cup oatmeal (author used old-fashioned)[I substituted bread crumbs]
  • 8 oz. tomato sauce (or use a cup of salsa – yum!)
  • ketchup
Mix all but the ketchup together.  I use a potato masher for this icky job!  Scoop 1/2 cup meat mixture with a measuring cup and place in 8×12 pan to form 10 mounds.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.  Spread ketchup on top of each mound.  Return to oven for 3-5 minutes. I found this recipe here. I deleted the onion because Aaron is allergic. I baked this this morning when I had time. I plan to reheat it for dinner tonight with some leftover cheesy potatoes.
 **I also doubled the recipe and made the other half of this into meatballs (leaving out the ketchup) which I cooked and froze to use later in the week for meatball subs or spaghetti and meatballs.

1 comment:

  1. This looks tasty. Will have to try this recipe (minus the onions too...I'm allergic). Meatloaf is generally enjoyed by all in this house and cheesy potatoes on top of that..mMMMMmm

    New follower from Week in Review.
    Have a great week
    Renita
    www.krazykuehnerdays.com

    ReplyDelete