Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Ribs
- 3 1/2 pounds pork loin back ribs or pork spare ribs (we just buy a full rack of ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper (or water, or other soda)
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's the best for this recipe.
- Spray inside of 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray (or just use one of those bags ).
- Cut ribs into 2 or 3 rib portions. Place ribs in slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour Dr Pepper (or water or other soda) into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs. Discard liquid.
- Paint BBQ sauce over ribs and replace ribs into slow cooker. Pour a little additional sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour.