Slow Cooker Breakfast CasseroleIngredients:
1 cup milk
1 bag (32 oz bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb bacon, cooked crisp
3/4 cup chopped sweet onion (I omiited this since aaron is allergic to onions)
1 1/2 cup cheese - shredded (cheddar, jack, or both)
salt and pepper
1. Spray inside of crock pot with nonstick spray. (I have a nonstick crockpot and I love it!)
2. Layer potato, bacon, onion, cheese 1/3 of each 3 times.(my crockpot is also huge so I only did one layer each-potatoes,cheese,eggs then topped with bacon and sprinkled with more parsley flakes)
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and seasonings.
4. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the crockpot.
5. Cook on low 10 - 12 hours, until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.(The original recipe I saw and lost-was high for 4 hours so this is what I did, as I was starting this recipe at just after noon.)
(Hint-I saved and refrigerated my bacon grease to use in place of some of the butter in my bread machine bread as it gives the bread flavor.)