Sunday, October 23, 2011

Adoption-parenting class

Well, the class really did not present that much new information to me. They dismissed the RAD as not really as prevalent as it is. The only help they suggested was for public school assistance. I realise these programs are free and are already in place but there should be other ways to access the services than only receiving them through the public school system. I did receive a nice certificate for 9 hours of "Towards Successful Adoption Training" and a $50.00 stipend. I have had to become an expert on RAD for my kids because there are so few services in our area, because we are so rural. It is nice to meet other adoptive families. Just like meeting other home schooled families it is nice to know there are other adopted families who have the a sameness in their daily struggles to do the best for their kids too.

No comments:

Post a Comment