Monday, July 25, 2011

Stella Luna

The kids are each making a Stellaluna Lapbook. We are "rowing" reading this book  every day and studying bats. I can't wait to take them to see some real bats come out at night. I bought a bat box ($5.00 at a garage sale) which my sister hung this spring out at her house. The bats come out at sunset so we will go see them one evening. We also have Bats by Gail Gibbons to read as well. I found the book Stellaluna by Janell Cannon in paperback for sale at a garage sale for 25 cents and the scholastic Bats book was also 25 cents at the same sale. So this unit study cost me $5.50 plus the cost of  4 black file folders from Walmart. Homeschooling doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I got the fillers for the lapbook from homeschoolshare, Kidssoup had some bat math sheets, phonics this week is -at words, Harcourt has a trivia quiz and coloring sheets, enchanted learning has bat worksheets for the science components, and 2 teaching mommies has a bat bingo marker sheet I printed for little-man. I know the kids are going to love this weeks fun learning activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment