Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas is Here

Today we cleaned the living room to set up the Christmas tree. Worked in our Unit Study "The Mitten" by Jan Brett and Snow Unit Study with "Stopping by the Woods" by Robert Frost. We are moving toward a workbox system. Today the kids kept asking to do school work. They really like the cutting out activities for they're Lapbooks.It's the same work but the box system seems to make it more interesting right now. I tried to make student I.D. cards and Aaron installed a program on the computer to help me (but I need to learn how to use it). Right now Cam is working on homemade paper ornaments with Pitty-pat and Tippy-toe. Of course the lights didn't work when Cam tried them (before putting them on the tree), so Aaron and Tay went to buy a couple strands.
Aim moved out tonight. She's eightteen it's a hard lesson she has to learn and I am afraid she's not prepared for the consequences of her actions. She's been looking for a reason to get mad and leave. Today she was asked to pick up her stuff from the living room (she's been asked for over a week)and it was her day of the week to do dishes. (I guess she doesn't realize, when you live on your own it's dish day every day!) The irony goes on forever with that one. At least she finished one semester of college. She has the skills she needs to get a good education. I love her and I hate to see her get hurt. Well this isn't really a homeschool entry so I will end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment