Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I have a few grapes that haven't got eaten up yet so I am going to make a single jar of grape juice. It can process right alongside my big batch of applesauce. It will add some more variety to my pantry.
Easy small batch grape juice

To each sterilized quart jar

2 cups washed and cleaned  grapes
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
  1. In sterilized jar place 2 cups grapes.
  2. Add 1/2 cup sugar.
  3. Fill to top with boiling water.
  4. Seal jars at once with 2 piece lids. Process in water-bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove from canner and keep out of drafts(cover with a towel). Next day remove metal lid-bands, and label with date and contents.
  5. Let juice stand 3 to 4 weeks before using.
  6. Strain juice from grapes and use juice.
My mom grew her own grapes and made this but I think my leftover store bought will taste just as good.  I want to say this is the method handed down to me. Refer to a  professional guide before you can anything. This recipe  is intended  my for own records only.

No comments:

Post a Comment