Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ressurection Sunday

Morning broke at 430 am as usual around here. Little-man has a bad cough. He went back to sleep until 6am. I am ashamed to admit we didn't go to a church service today. Aaron went out to mom's to sit with David while she went to church. I baked the bread the kids made last night. It was so good. I think we've finally found the trick to homemade bread from scratch. It could've been lighter but our flour mixup made me knead it too long. The kids liked the bread in a bag concept. It was less messy that way. I will definately make it that way again with the kids. There's nothing like hot bread and butter. Our previous attempts turned out to be more like rocks than food.
After bread and butter for breakfast the kids got their Easter baskets. We kept it simple this year.
Camryn is reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to Pitty-pat and Tippy-toe so I can blog this and then go finish making our Sunday Dinner. Carolyn and Taylor will be here at noon to eat. Aaron will be grilling venison and pork loin. I am making scalloped corn casserole, green beans, and biscuits,deviled eggs, and a simple pasta salad. I made jello yesterday. My jello was a disaster waiting to happen. First the mold wasn't together tight and boiling hot jello ran everywhere. The phone kept ringing and I just wanted to get all my prepwork done while littleman wasn't under foot during his nap. But everything was covered it orange jello including me and the phone, and the kitchen counter and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment