Sunday, December 9, 2012

Around the World



 Today I taught them how to say "Merry Christmas" in several different languages while we made cookies, 2 ingredient fudge, and rollo pretzel turtles. Here's our list of Merry Christmas so far
Merry christmas(English)
Feliz Navidad (spanish)
Joyeux Noel (French)
In Japanese, Merry Christmas is メリークリスマス (merii kurisumasu) or just Merry Christmas with more "u"s. I needed my friend from Japan for this one.
 Polish: Wesolych Swiat
 Greek: kala Christougena
Arabic: Colo sana wintom tiebeen. 
German :Schone Weihnachten Thanks to my facebook friend Kasia for these last four.

I gathered all of our Christmas books I could find and put them in the basket to read a new one each night. I didn't wrap them, not sure if I will wrap them this year. I know I am a week late.

Can't wait we are doing the a Jesse tree again this year and we have a couple new ornaments planned  to make for it. I got a fancy metal tree to hang the special ornaments on each night. It is table top size and gold. I think it was originally for mugs but a dollar for it on the garage sale site was a great deal. It has been in storage since I pick it up. One hook for each ornament looks like it was made for this.

I found clear plastic bulbs and stars to decorate for our homemade ornaments this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment