Sunday, May 2, 2010

michigan map

Today I am cutting out a map of michigan and will be glueing it on posterboard then adding pictures for each place we go see this summer. Of course a few places we've already been will be added now.

Yesterday we picked flowers and pressed them in a phonebook for a later project. I think we will put them betweeen glass to make coasters for homemade christmas presents later this year. My friend Gayla at work makes beautiful coasters and I plan to copy her idea. I bought two for patterns friday. If I start now we may have them done in time for christmas. Good thing nobody reads this anyway.

My raised bed garden will never be ready in time. I still need a load of black dirt. I have been composting and puttting all my old leaves in the bottom but still need to go get soil. so far noneof our growing projects have worked out the pineapple got roots then died and the avacado never sprouted. I hope this works--for a few tomato plants, carrots,beans and peas. Everuyyone should know where food comes from and how much work it is to grow food.

No comments:

Post a Comment