Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tot Activities

I have been trying to come up with ideas to keep little man busy at his high chair while Pitty-Pat and Tippy-Toe are working on their school projects. Here's my list so far:

*wonder-under" self liner--He likes the texture and watching the big kids sew with theirs. I cut a 4x4 inch square and will add more fabrics as I find some for a fabric sort. Little man is very tactile and may grow up to be a textile manufacturer-He could tell different kinds of fleece at 2 weeks of age it was amazing to me! He had one fleece blanket he liked and could tell it by feel.

*sorting cereal--I gave hime a lunchables tray with four irregular shaped areas for sorting breakfast cereals. Since he puts everything in his mouth yet beads, poms, or marbles didn't seem like a good idea.

*Bottle cap bank--I saved several milk caps, pop caps(caution these are small and child could choke-Pitty-pat likes to chew these at 6 years so all must be supervised!) and a clear plastic jar with a hole cut in the top like a piggy bank. Little man can sort by color and size, or count as he drops them in the jar.

*Tong sort--I have a large plastic tong and the same large caps to sort and move on his tray. He can't pick them up yet but likes trying.

*Felt ABC's--I cut out some large letters from felt. I plan to make an ABC's book with them later.

*Felt shapes--I cut some basic shapes out of felt in different colors.

From chasing cherios i got these ideas:
The best is to use cloth pencil cases instead of ziploc bags. I like the idea of organizing them on a key ring.

*I made the mini felt board out of a cereal box and piece of felt. I used the shape and alphabet pieces I cut out earlier. The big ones like this too.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment